Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Mini Halloween Series

For 21 days I came up with super easy to put together Halloween costume ideas from classic pop culture shows/movies using clothes and things we already had at home and then posted it to my online social media accounts. Grant is so awesome and is in a phase where he is asking me for pictures so I took full advantage! He's even letting me dress him up and then he'll gladly get into character. The idea started with Grant and it led to Addie and Hudson also wanting in on some of the pictures. So I was able to incorporate all of them here and there. It was a dream come true for this Halloween loving mama. Here's all 21 of the costumes I came up with only using things we had at home.

Day 1: Squints and Wendy Peffercorn from Sandlot ⚾

 

Day 2: Little Rascal's Alfalfa ⧓

 

Day 3: Ace Ventura Pet Detective 🐕🔍

Day 4: Clark Kent 🦸

 

 

Day 5: Tiger King 🐯

It's 2020 and I had to. We already had the tiger costume from our family Aladdin theme and Grant is already sporting the mullet haha.

 

Day 6: Linus Van Pelt from Charlie Brown's The Peanuts 🥜

 

Day 7: Tom Cruise in Risky Business 🎤

I haven't actually watched this movie but this one was by far Grant's favorite because he got to wear big boy underwear AND sing and dance. My regret is not getting a video.

 

 

Day 8: Newsies' Paper Boy 🗞

 

 

Day 9: A Hobbit 🌋

 

 

Day 10: Top Gun 🛩

Day 11: Elliot and Gertie from E.T. 👽

That E.T. face is just a picture I printed off the internet and then taped on Addie's teddybear.

 

Day 12: Steve Irwin 🐊

Day 13: Brand (the big brother) from the Goonies 💪

 

 

Day 14: Dr. Alan Grant and Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park 🤠

I would have been crazy not to do this one since we already had props from a past family Halloween costume theme.

 

Day 15: Rocky Balboa 🥊

  

Day 16: Grease ♪♩♪♩

If I could do this one over I probably would have tried a white shirt on Grant to see how that would have turned out.

Day 17: Shaggy and Fred from Scooby Doo 🔍

 

Day 18: Tool Time with Tim, Al and Heidi 🛠

The real Al Borland even liked this picture on my Instagram!

Day 19: Wayne's World 📺

This was requested by three different people so it had to be done. :)

Day 20: Georgie from IT

Full disclosure I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to scary movies. I love true crime podcasts and true crime documentaries. I love haunted houses and haunted corn mazes, but sit me down in front of a fictional movie and I can't do it. Also I did have to buy a 99 cent balloon for this picture.

 

Day 21 Finale: Marty McFly from Back to the Future 🎸


No comments:

Post a Comment