Friday, October 16, 2020

October Tradition at Jakers

I wasn't sure if we were going to make it happen this year since we're in the middle of a pandemic but with restrictions in place we decided to go ahead and head to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch. We've gone every year and even though we've already done a pumpkin patch this month it would feel different if we didn't attempt Jakers. Just like other years Jaina and Jill also joined us which was helpful for me because I needed some extra hands with the kids. I've been experiencing off and on sciatic nerve pain this pregnancy so some days are especially rough. This day turned out to be okay although I'm sure tomorrow will be a different story with all the walking I did today. Some precautions in place for Jakers this year are mandatory masks for all adults and limited tickets being sold. There were also some places blocked off to encourage social distancing and even with all the differences the kids still had a blast. The kids all wanted to go in the giant corn maze so we entered it and midway through I was already done with that part. Walking was hard and I was pulling a wagon and as hard as that was it was nothing compared to trying to breathe easily while wearing a mask. I was pretty out of breath and it didn't help with how hot I started feeling while in there. I was more than glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel and get out of that musky feeling maze. :) I let the kids all pick out their own pumpkins from this patch right before heading home. I'm glad that even though Covid has effected a lot of our traditions we were still able to make some of them happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment