Thursday, April 21, 2022

Talent Show + Thanksgiving Point

Today was a good day. It was one of those days that gives you hope that maybe the kids are all old enough to enjoy fun filled full day outings. Hudson is on spring break from his BYU preschool but with it being Thursday him and Grant went to their neighborhood preschool. They both had so much fun that they asked to stay longer to play. They finally came home for a quick lunch before I dropped them off at another friend's house while I took the girls with me to Addie's school for her class talent show. She had sketched and colored a picture of a blue and yellow macaw. She did so well presenting to her classmates and all the parents there.

I told her we were picking the boys up and that I had a surprise planned for everyone. I wanted to take them all to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I picked up the boys who couldn't believe that they got to have two playdates in one day and got even more excited that the day was about to get even more fun. Danny met up with us and then we headed to Thanksgiving Point. It ended up being the perfect day to do this. It wasn't crowded and the weather felt so nice. It didn't look nice though. Instead of blue skies it was more like brown which is why everyone probably stayed home but it turned out good for us. It was a bit windy but not the cold kind of windy. The babies were troopers especially since they were missing their second nap.

 

The last time we were here we only had two kids. I kept thinking back to Addie in her cute yellow rain boots and red rain coat. I feel like I could easily go back to that day. I kept thinking about Hudson in his cute little dinosaur rain boots smelling all the flowers. Now he's five and still smelling the flowers. I love them. I love all five.

The kids begged us to next take them to the Farm Country of Thanksgiving Point. I guess Danny and I were in a good mood because we decided to drive there. The kids loved seeing the baby animals. Especially Addie and Quinn. Addie is a huge animal lover and it's looking like Quinn is following in her footsteps. She was pointing and "talking" at all the animals. She loved it. Rylee watched with not much expression. Grant liked the baby chicks and rabbits but not much else. He was scared for most of the time there. At one point he was walking by my side and didn't see the giant horse to our side until Grant was directly in front of him. He he wakes up from a nightmare tonight I can blame it on that horse moment we had. Addie loved touching it and was a natural doing it. She even asked if she ride a pony. The horse she chose to ride was named Flint. When hearing his name she told the worker "Flint like in Harry Potter". I thought it was funny because when I first heard it I immediately thought of Tangled but here my young seven year old daughter is already thinking Harry Potter haha. We were the only ones at Farm Country and had the whole place to ourselves. It was super nice.





By the time we were done it was way past dinner time. Our only option by that point was to get dinner and quickly eat inside. We settled on Apollo Burger and everybody did surprisingly well. The moment we got back home everyone had to change into their pajamas and get ready for bed. Our bedtime was later than we normally like but everyone is asleep now. I'm about to shower and then get into bed myself. Today was long but it was also perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment