Monday, January 8, 2024

Cleveland Browns Playoffs!

The Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs for the Superbowl and they're playing the Texans in Houston this weekend! Danny and I got two tickets as soon as they were available last night for this once in a lifetime opportunity. The game is ideal. It's on a Saturday and at 3:30pm so not too late and not on the sabbath. We were stoked. Until reality set in. We have no sitters 😭. This is where it would be really nice to rely on nearby family. How awesome would it be to have someone you trust and that the kids are comfortable with watch over them? Houston is 2hr and 40 mins away. With the game starting at 3:30pm we would have to leave around noon to account for traffic and parking. A game is anywhere between three and four hours long. Let's say it ends around 7pm. We would then have to drive the almost three hours back to New Braunfels getting home around 10pm. Whoever we would ask would be with the kids for a full ten hours including putting them to bed. That's a huge favor to ask. Unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it finding a sitter we know and trust isn't even an option. It's stake conference this weekend and most families we know are busy attending the conference. There's also a stake youth dance so asking anyone in the youth if they could stay at our house all day is out. I still tried and did ask a youth and that's how I found out about the dance. Anyway that would have been a stressful situation for everyone involved including me I'm sure. I still didn't want to give up on the idea of us going to this game though. I suggested that we all go, but Danny and I switch off for half of the game while the others are left tending the kids finding something to do in Houston. Not ideal. We also looked into making a weekend out of it for either ourselves and the sitters or even just the sitters. I looked up homes to rent for the weekend where we would invite the Olsens (during this point of brainstorming we hadn't even asked if they were even free) to come with us, use the entire house, watch our kids for three to four hours while we're at the game, and then we would leave them with the whole weekend at the house to do whatever they wanted to do with it. I stayed up all night stressed about it and the thoughts stayed with me as then I dreamed about our case. I'm a planner and wanted to figure this all out as soon as possible. My dream from last night didn't help the case at all. I dreamed I had tickets in my hands but they would only last seconds and then they'd disappear and I'd have to find them again. My dream never specified that they were football tickets but it was to something that I really wanted so I kept grabbing them only for them to poof away again. This morning Danny reminded me of a family that used to be in our ward who moved to Houston a few months ago. It sounded like the perfect scenario. I reached out to ask if our kids could be with them for the game and just our luck they have a trip planned to be in New Braunfels this weekend. Out of all the weekends for them to be here while we want to be there. The stars just aren't lining up for us I guess. After hours spent this morning trying to figure it out we got an email asking us to call the venue about the tickets. I called and learned that our seats were double booked and that we were being fully refunded due to an automatic cancellation. I'm trying to stay positive and see this as a blessing in disguise because now it takes away our sitters dilemma, but it's hard not to be a little bummed about it. We still could get online and buy tickets again but of course the prices have already risen and for our whole family to go it would be almost $1,500. I care about the game and this first NFL experience but not that much haha. One day we will. Danny pointed out that we'll make a next time and go as the whole family. Boy I sure hope so. I guess I can say that we had tickets for a good twelve hours or so. I recognize that this probably didn't need to be a blogpost but it's obviously on my mind so why not add it to my journal? I love having five kids but sometimes it can complicate things. Oh well, not going is better for our budget anyway. 😁 

We might not be there in person but we'll be rooting you on.
Go Browns!
And just in case they do make it to the Superbowl here's proof that we've been fans for a long time. 🏈

No comments:

Post a Comment