Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Fourth Birthday Letter to Hudson Boy

Dear Hudson,

I know I say this a lot but you really are the sweetest boy. You tell me you love me every single day. You don't just tell me though, you make an effort to let every single person in our family know that you love them daily. I'll never get tired of hearing "I love you Mom". I'll also never tire of hearing "I love you Addie" or "I love you Dad" because the love that you have for those around you is one of my favorite things to see as a mom. You definitely say those words the most in our family and I love it. I love you. You're pretty sensitive but in the best way possible. You have a tender heart when it comes to others which is really special and something that this world desperately needs. You care about others and you sincerely want everyone to be happy. It's amazing that you already possess this amazing quality and you're barely four years old. Please stay this way for as long as possible. It's rare to see you sad for yourself and when it happens it breaks my heart because of how good your heart is. The way that you feel for everyone around you is the way I feel for you. I love you so much and I'm so honored that I get to be a part of your life.

Something to document is that you changed your name recently. It's a little sad haha. For over a year you have demanded that everyone call you 'Hudson Boy'. You would not accept anything short of that but just recently in the last month you have now dropped the 'Boy' part and you've declared that your new name is just Hudson. It was always such a cute demand coming from a little boy and we kind of miss it. Your daddy and I are trying to bring it back for you but apparently you're a really big boy now who just goes by Hudson. Now if someone calls you 'Hudson Boy' you'll tell them that this is your old name and that now you have a new name to go by. It's a good thing you're just the sweetest boy so I guess we'll give in to your wishes and call you by your 'new' name. Although if 'Hudson Boy' comes back we're going to hang onto that for as long as we can because it's hilariously adorable!


Love you bud,

Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment