Thursday, August 25, 2022

Vent Sesh

I think I just need to vent for a second here. These school days are so long. School is from 7:30am to 3:10pm which is nuts because it still gets out at the same time that Addie's old school got out despite starting a whole hour earlier. Provost was from 8:25am to 3:10pm. The extra hour we can get used to but the pickup process is very strict and tedious that they stay there for almost an additional forty minutes. We're getting home around 4pm everyday. I want to think that part of it is because it's the first week of school and we all still need to get in the groove of pickup, but I believe it's also because Uvalde is not that far from here and they've taken safely measures to a whole new level. I get that and I'm appreciative of that but dang is it hard that we spend so much time getting them and heading home. Grant, Rylee and Quinn are not fans of pickup time because we get in the car around 2:50pm so we can get in the line and don't get home until about 4pm. It can be rough.

Last night at bedtime Addie told me that she only gets three hours with the family every day now and I hugged her so tight. Glad she's not sick of us after this past summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment