Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Eighth Birthday Letter to Miss Addie Rae

Dear Addie,

Happy birthday sweet girl. I have absolutely loved our special one on one time this past week. I hope it was as special to you as it was to me. It will definitely be something I will remember for a very long time. I love you and the person you are. You're incredibly smart, driven, beautiful and you want to do your best. Your teachers rave about you and I'm so thankful to know of your goodness and kindness towards others outside of our home. A couple of weeks ago I got this sweet message from your teacher: "Addisyn is such a sweet student. She always follows directions and I am so glad I get to be her teacher this year. She is such a blessing to have in class." Another one of your teachers told me how her class can get a little rambunctious at times but she told me she tells herself "at least I have Addie in here". It feels so good to hear such wonderful things about someone I love with my whole heart. Addie I'm so glad you're in our family. We wouldn't be the same without you. You're the best big sister to your little sisters and you're very protective of your brothers. We probably need to work on being more patient with them while in the house haha but it sounds like you're exactly who they need when we're not around. 

I love you and I'm so thankful I get to be your mom. I'm thankful for your willingness to forgive me when I have moments of not being patient myself. I'm thankful for your drive to be obedient and I'm thankful for your expression of love shown towards others whether it's through bracelet making, picture drawing or gift giving. You have a very giving heart and I hope you continue to carry that with you. I love you. Happy eighth birthday to my Harry Potter books enthusiast, animal loving, and best little friend.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment