Sunday, October 30, 2022

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween is tomorrow and we haven't done much of our usual fall activities. We always go to Jaker's pumpkin patch, we always have family halloween parties and I think I've been in a weird funk knowing that we aren't doing our usual traditions. So yesterday while at the store I decided we were going to carve pumpkins this weekend. I wanted to do something Halloween-y and so I told the kids to grab their own pumpkin to take home. It's actually been a couple of years since we've actually carved pumpkins (we usually just let the kids paint them) but it was a lot of fun. Addie is old enough to design and carve her very own so Danny and I just needed to help the boys with theirs. It was nice to work side by side as the babies napped. Addie carved out the words 'Trick or Treat' and drew a cat on the other side of her pumpkin. Hudson chose an owl design that I helped him with while Danny helped Grant with his 'Trick or Treat' pumpkin. Grant even made his dad add a little Noah on the bottom. It's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment