Monday, May 15, 2023

All A Honor Roll

Addie had her awards day today along with the rest of second grade and we couldn't be more proud to be there for her in her corner supporting her and the year that she has had. I cannot believe this year is almost over and she's done amazing at this new school in this new state and away from everything she knew. She has adapted so well and I just cannot fully express how truly proud I am of this girl of ours. I don't think I ever mentioned this but at the beginning of the school year she was encouraged to test into the Gifted and Talented (GT) program that the school has. Her teachers really believed that she would get in based off what they had seen from her in class in just a short amount of time. She took the test and excelled. She has been in the GT program and loves it so much. She gets to leave class to join other second graders that also tested in every day for a time period and they get to do cool experiments together. I don't know why I hadn't journaled about this before because it's something that she really loves doing.

I love her so much and am always in awe of how grownup she is these days. Addie I love you and I'm so proud of you sweet girl. Keep being amazing.

The only picture I got of her after the awards was this one with her friend Melanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment