Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

I told Danny that my Mother's Day was probably my favorite one ever. At first he thought I was just saying that but I was serious. I loved all of it. Mother's Day was yesterday and it was exactly how I love it. We woke up and got ready for church. We weren't as late as we usually are and the kids actually did amazing for all of sacrament meeting. I'll be very honest that this is something I cannot say happens every week. We usually have at least one kid who is upset about something but all five were quiet the whole time. It was kind of a miracle all on it's own. I was able to go to Relief Society for my second time ever in this ward because the priest took over nursery duties. I would have been nervous to leave Rylee and Quinn with other people but since Danny is over the priest he was in there with him. He told me that the twins didn't leave his side the whole time. I think they felt like it was weird that none of their normal nursery leaders were there but were grateful that at least their daddy was. It was really cute because I wasn't expecting a little gift from the little girls but when I went to get them after class was over they were there holding some tulips and had gotten their pictures taken for me. They definitely thought the flowers were there though but I loved their little mugshot pictures. Danny said he tried to get Rylee to smile but she was so still weirded out by the changes happening that she wouldn't even crack a smile. He said that he felt like he could have gotten Quinn to smile but before he knew it her picture was already done and he had missed that part. That's okay because I think their stern little faces is kind of hilarious and makes me love it more than I thought I would. I made sure the girls knew the pictures were for me since they claimed ownership over the tulips. 

After we got home from church Addie gave me her card she had made me from school, Hudson gave me a couple cards he had made and Grant gave me an orange birdhouse he had painted in preschool. He actually gave it to me a couple days ago because he was too excited to wait. I loved all their little gifts to me. Danny then showed me my annual Mother's Day videos from all the kids which is always a personal favorite of mine. He also definitely knows that my love language is food and made me the most amazing homemade hamburger with egg on it. We've never eaten one like this before but now I don't think we can go back to eating one without an egg. It was delicious.

(I should note that Hudson mentioned my favorite food was chicken adobo because that's what Danny made for dinner. It was delicious.)

After lunch I laid down on my bed with the twins where we all napped for two hours. It was the best nap ever. We didn't know if the girls would even try to nap on my bed because they have never been laid down to nap on anything other than their crib, pack and play or carseat but they must have been so tired that they fell asleep right away. Another miracle. All moms would agree to that being a miracle for sure. This weekend we had some flooding issues with the water heater tank breaking so the girls have been sleeping in pack and plays in Addie's room all weekend. Maybe that will be a separate post. It's going okay. Definitely could be better but that's why the fact that they napped at all felt amazing since they haven't been able to nap anywhere since last Thursday.

Rylee in the back and Quinn closest to me. Both sleeping angels.

At some point Danny came in and woke the girls up after they had napped for two hours and then he still let me sleep some more. Maybe I've been really tired too these days. This whole day the kids got along, didn't fight over small things, and I didn't have to clean anything. I think that's why I really loved it. I was able to be there without having to worry about cleaning anything at all. It was great. I was also able to nap and feel non-judged by it. To be fair it would have been me judging myself. I felt guilt free all day. I also had one more gift that I was pretty excited about. There's a lady in our neighborhood who has her own clothing line and she was selling sweaters that say MAMA with the option of names of your kids on the sleeve with a heart. I really wanted one but wasn't sure if I should buy it and it was Danny who gave me the push to do it. I'm glad he did. The sweater is soo soft and the names on my sleeve is my favorite detail about it. 

All five of my babies. 💜💙💚💛🤍

I really really loved today.

No comments:

Post a Comment