Thursday, November 16, 2023

It's Happening!

Tickets have been bought! We're officially flying to Utah. It will be the first time for four of the kids and also the first time that Danny and I will be flying with each other. We've flown apart but never together. We haven't told the kids yet, as we honestly didn't even know it would be an option until after they were already in bed last night. Danny had a missed call from his dad so once we got the kids in bed and he had a quiet moment to breathe and sit down he called him back. Dave brought up a lot of costs from driving that Danny and I haven't fully looked into and together we all decided that flying would be the cheaper route to go. He also offered to help pay for the tickets and already had a list of flights for us to consider. Turns out that Marie was behind this and surely did her thorough research. She found flights for half the price that I first found when I played with the idea of flying. Neither Marie or Dave thought driving for three to four days in the middle of winter should be the way we go and they had it all planned out before even calling Danny last night. We're truly blessed with incredible people in our corner. Danny and I looked at the dates they proposed and took the plunge. We bought seven tickets for a ten day trip in Utah. The kids are going to be so excited! A part of me questioned if Danny and I probably should have slept on it to think about it more late last night when I couldn't sleep after this big purchase, but the way I feel about it now is just excitement and no regrets. The prices of the flights we booked actually nearly doubled today and is nearly sold out as well. Also when are we going to have this opportunity to fly out as a full family of seven in the near future?? Probably not soon. I'm betting that this Christmas season will be one the kids will cherish for a very long time. I can't wait. I feel full. Happy and full.

No comments:

Post a Comment