Monday, March 25, 2024

35

I'm now 35 years old. Everything still seems the same which is nice because a year or two ago I thought that number seemed so high haha. It was a busy day for sure. Hudson was awarded the Stallion of the Nine Weeks first thing this morning. As soon as he headed off to school I got the twins awake and dressed and headed to the school with Danny where we had donuts with him. One of his best friends was also getting the same award so it was cool for them both to experience it together.

Danny then headed to work and the girls and I went to Taco Bell to pick up food for Grant's surprise birthday lunch date. Since his birthday is in July he doesn't get a typical school party so I had told him that we would have our mommy school lunch date for him when it was my birthday. He did not forget that I had promised him that and was excited this morning when he reminded me. I told him that we weren't going to do it today but that we would do it this week. Well since Danny went to work I thought 'why not today?'. Taco Bell is Grant's favorite and I find it pretty good myself so it was nice that it was open with lunch options because the kindergartners have lunch so early at their school. It feels more like brunch since it's at 10:30am. Anyway Grant was so surprised to see me and the twins waiting for him as he was walking to the cafeteria. I'm so glad we did it today after all. 


Another highlight for Rylee and Quinn was probably this puddle. Their morning with two trips to the elementary school was pretty eventful. Rylee cried both times we left. The first time was because Hudson had to head back to class instead of leaving with us and the second time was for Grant for the same reason. She couldn't understand why we were still leaving them there.

Once we made it to the car in the parking lot I could see that there was something on my windshield. Flowers and cake pops. I instantly knew it was from my friend Jeanne. She was hiding in her car nearby and we got to visit for a half hour right there. She's a good friend who sadly is most likely moving this year. I can't blame her since we ourselves most likely won't stay here forever either.

Also today was a big day for Addie as all the third graders had their school field trip. It just happened to be at the glass bottom boat tours near Danny's work. He was hoping to walk over and get a glimpse of her class but it didn't work out. Thankfully I had two other mom friends who were chaperoning the trip send me some photos of her there. She said she had a lot of fun. 

For dinner we had to come up with something quick since Addie and Hudson both had soccer practice but the nice thing was that they had a carpool ride there so Danny and I got to stay home and enjoy a quiet evening. While they were gone Danny made me my favorite 'out of this world' cake which we all enjoyed once the two kids were back home from soccer.


Grant and the twins showing me their tricks.

Addie and Hudson both made me birthday gifts a week ago when I was away in Utah and were excited to give them to me today. Addie made me homemade new paints to color with, a queen tiara, Pokemon cards, some paper animals and some pictures she painted.

Hudson made a birthday card, a Pokemon ball and little Pokemon to catch.

Danny got me two tickets to a Jennifer Lopez concert that will happen later this summer. He felt bad that he didn't have anything physical to hand me since the tickets are digital so he made some himself haha. What a cutie. The kids are in bed now and it's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment