Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Beach Day

Yesterday my day started out with the best question "I don't have work, do you want to go to the beach today?". I woke up to Danny by my side of the bed all dressed and ready to start the day asking me if I wanted to go to the beach. The answer is always going to be yes. I got the van all ready to go and after we all ate breakfast we were on our way. We didn't even know which beach we would head to. It wasn't until we had been driving for a little bit that we decided on Mustang Island. I loved how spontaneous it kind of felt as we started heading to Corpus Christi. We had talked about going to the beach last week but it just didn't happen and then on Sunday night Danny brought the idea up again. We didn't know if he would be put on schedule for Domino's because they send out the schedule around midnight on Sunday nights so we just went to bed knowing that if he didn't have work a beach day would be a possibility. I'm so glad he did have the day off because it was so much fun. This is definitely something that we don't take for granted, we feel so blessed that we live somewhere where we can drive to the beach and be back in our own beds the same night. It makes it so that Danny will never want to move from here unless it's to another place somewhat close to a beach. The temperatures at home was projected to be 102° but at Corpus Christi it stayed at 95°. It was wonderful, although the twins did get a tiny sunburn on their cheeks. No major burns though so that's a success. Also no jelly fish stings. Another success. At this point I have accepted the fact that a jelly fish sting is going to happen at some point. It's not really an if but a when. Every time we go we do see quite a bit and so far we've been able to avoid anyone getting touched by one so that's been good. After seeing three or four Addie played it safe and stayed in the shallow waters for the most part but still everyone had such a great time. It was truly the perfect day.
A guy just happened to pass us on some type of parachute/glider chair and was in and out of these three pictures. We loved taking a moment to watch him fly.
Quinnie
Rylee in front, Quinn in the back
Quinn
Rylee
Quinn
Rylee - Left
Quinn - Right
Rylee
This moment was one of my favorite moments. Danny was laying down by himself when Rylee saw him so she came over and mimic him. She was laying down and then sat up when he sat up. Quinn then noticed those two so she came over and sat down on Rylee's other side. Right after Addie came and sat down on her dad's free side. I loved watching it happen in front of me and I was glad I was able to capture it. These girls all look up him so much and maybe one day they'll recreate this picture when they're three teenagers. 💛
Quinn
Rylee

No comments:

Post a Comment