Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Father's Day pt 2

Father's Day was two days ago but I'm finally able to sit down and write a little bit about it. We took our traditional Father's Day picture of Danny surrounded by our kids and this year's turned out pretty cute. I included those in a separate post but every year when we take these pictures I then change my phone wallpaper to the newest one where it stays that way for a whole year until the next Father's Day. I love looking at that picture daily whenever I have to pick up my phone or receive a notification. 
After church we gave Danny his gift which was a poem that he found in a book awhile ago. He wanted a printed version of it so I found one online and at first I was just going to go with a plain solid white background but then I found one with a nature background which to me was more of a Danny print than any of the plain ones I was looking at.

A Little Fellow Follows Me

A careful man I want to be:
A little fellow follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'll go the self same way.
 
I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whatever he see me do, he tries.
Like me he says he's going to be: 
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I'm so very fine.
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me he must not see;
The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow.
I'm building for the years to be;
The little chap who follows me.

 By Rev. Claude Wisdom White, Sr

It was the only thing he asked for. He actually really wants to send it to his dad and brothers as well. I think we might still do that. We do need to find the perfect frame for it so hopefully we'll get to that soon. Addie also made three cards for her daddy which was sweet. Holidays and gift giving is her strength for sure.
After lunch and naps we headed to Landa Park to play in the crystal clear river waters. It was our first time. We've always gone and just played in the playground areas because it's so huge but we've always wanted to check out the water and since it's so blazing hot these days we thought it would be the perfect way to spend our day. We also just wanted to do something water related because our original plans was to go to the beach for the day. We have been planning on it for weeks now and we were going to go with the Olsens but on our way home from Sea World's Aquatica Danny came to the conclusion that we should skip it this time and try another time. He was exhausted and just wanted to stay closer to home for the weekend. He was also in a pretty grumpy mood leaving the water park so a part of me still thought we might still head to the beach but it's a good thing we didn't because my shoulders and back was so burned from that day. It's been a rough couple of days and I probably would have just caused myself more harm in the form of blisters or something of that nature. This sunburn is pretty bad. Anyway I'm glad we did still get out. It was so beautiful. The kids had so much fun and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking. I can't believe this place is only six miles from our home.
(Hudson was so proud to show all of us this little teeny tiny turtle that he saw from the bridge. 
One is a close up picture and the other was from our distance. I can't believe he found it.)
Then Hudson was our photographer which was kind of nice since I'm usually behind the camera. He did a decent job at it too. Except that eyes were closed. 😁
 
After leaving the place we stopped at Domino's on the way home and redeemed a free pizza as well as a very discounted one because of Danny's employment there. We did kind of feel bad because we didn't want the kids to think that it was okay since it was Sunday and hopefully they know that this is not the normal for us and neither will it become normal for us. That said, it was delicious. After baths we discovered something that we have never dealt with before and hopefully will never deal with again. I don't even want to put it into words so I won't. But here are some pictures of the kids all on the next day as we spent hours (yes hours) fixing our problem. We also spent a full day cleaning everything that we could. It's been two days now since we found out and now we're in the clear. Fingers crossed we stay in the clear because yuck. Okay that's all I'll say for now. Also I'll add that Danny and Grant were the only lucky ones in this story. Okay now that's all. Happy Father's Day Daniel George! I hope that when we look back on this day we think of river playing, nature walking and heck even buying pizza on a Sunday instead of how it ended. 😃 I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment