Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day 2023

Happy Valentine's Day!

The picture in Addie's home lunch today.

The kids were able to wake up to something small at the table this morning, along with pink donuts, strawberry milk and pink paper hearts cut out for them. It was actually pretty funny because Addie's words to me this morning after seeing the donuts were "I don't think I should start off the morning with donuts, I need something healthy because we're going to get so much candy and sugar today". I mean she's right but who is this child?? I question if she's really mine because I welcome donuts at any hour of the day regardless of how much junk food I'm going to consume. And that's why I definitely should be more like Addie haha. My little role model. Anyway because she wanted to save her donut for later Hudson also chose to follow suit and save his as well. So they ate cereal this morning but definitely ate every last crumb of their donuts after school today. I treated myself to chocolate covered strawberries and pretty much ate them all in one sitting. Its fruit so that's healthy right?? And I placed some chocolate covered strawberries for Danny as well along with a pink energy drink and then some nuts because that man does not care for candy at all. I might be the weird one in my family. 

After dropping off Grant at school the girls and I went to the playground for some quick photos. They turned out sooo cute. I'll have to put those in a separate post by themselves. We then played at the little park until it was time for lunch and naps.

After the kids were all home and had finally eaten their donuts I got some little group pictures of them. They were all so excited to show me all the treats, cards and goodies that they had received from their classmates.

Danny surprised us all when he came home from work today with a bouquet of white roses and five single flowers for each of our kids. Actually it was three flowers and we took two from the bouquet for the twins. It was so sweet of him though and not what we were expecting at all. It made all six of us feel so special. Thank you babe. 

Dinner was great. Everyone enjoyed the steaks and then it was outside play until bedtime. It's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment