Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Cinderella Redemption

I really wanted to watch Addie be Cinderella again and I told her that I would try to make it possible. I had her take her little Gabb watch so that we would have a way to communicate before the show because I didn't know what time it would be at. After she left for school I called the front office to ask if it would be open to the parents and the lady told me no that it would just be for the students and teachers today. I understood and I let Addie know that I couldn't be there. I felt good that I at least tried. I would have felt horrible if I hadn't even called. Two hours later and I got a call from the front office. The lady asked if I was the one who called earlier and then informed me that they decided to let some parents come since the mics didn't work for all of the kids on show night. I was so excited and happy that I could go. I dropped Hudson off at school and then I took Grant and the babies with me to Addie's school assembly. At this point she had no idea that plans changed and that I would be there. I decided not to tell her and to keep it a surprise. She did so good. Her mic worked and I was proud of her. All of the mics worked for the kids today. The only kid that I still couldn't hear very well was Pinnochio but I don't know if that's a mic problem or a swaying and speaking softly thing. Addie didn't see me until I walked up to her after the show. Her smile was everything. I was also so proud of how both the babies did and how good Grant was. He sat next to me the whole time and didn't get antsy which is awesome for a three year old. Quinn isn't feeling well but she did exceptionally well for being under the weather. I'm glad I was able to be there for her. I've always loved plays and the fact that I'm watching my own child makes it 100x better.

No comments:

Post a Comment