Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Uvalde Texas

I'm struggling. I'm in unbelief, I'm angry, I'm sad. I can't believe these things are happening. Yesterday an elementary school in Uvalde Texas was shot up leaving 19 children and two teachers dead. I looked up how close Uvalde and Robb Elementary was to San Marcos Texas where we will be moving to this summer and it's about two hours away from each other. I haven't told the kids and I don't want to cause any fear or anxiety because this can happen anywhere and it makes me sick. I feel so bad for all those parents and families of those that were killed and I can't stop thinking about them. This all happened yesterday and has been on my mind since. I didn't get any sleep and I am hugging my own children a lot tighter now. Addie's last day of school is this week and I can't imagine losing her. I can't imagine dropping her off at school expecting to pick her up later to find out that dropping her off was the final goodbye. My heart breaks for the whole community of Uvalde. It makes my problems feel so small when I think about what they are going through. I can't believe it and this needs to stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment